Ingredients for base:
- 220g Flour (any!) Normal flour works best
- 60g coconut / cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 220g salted vegan / normal butter cut into cubes and cold
- 100g pistachios (without shell!)
Ingredients for top layer:
- 3 medium sized eggs
- 150g coconut / cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel
- 120ml lemon juice (around 2 lemons)
- 50g pistachios (NO shell!)
- Powdered sugar to decorate
How to make:
- Blend the flour and the rosemary together, the sugar and the salt.
- Add in the pistachios and pulse for 2 seconds. Once this has been done, add in the butter and blend for around 10-15 seconds.
- Add the mixture into a mould (make sure the mould has baking paper on it!) - push down the mixture with your hands and bake at 175 degrees for around 20 mins. Keep an eye on this however as each oven and temperature is different.
- Meanwhile, blend the top layer ingredients. Once the 20 minutes have gone by, pour over the bottom layer and continue cooking for another 20 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool and then leave in the fridge for the night for the texture to form.
By master baker Cayetana