Did you know you can add Matcha powder to your favourite home made ice cream recipe?! Try the Matcha Ice cream recipe below if you haven't got your own favourite.
You only need five ingredients to make this work!
- Matcha Green tea powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- Whisk matcha powder in a bowl and add a little milk and whisk until matcha powder is completely dissolved. Gradually whisk remaining milk into matcha mixture.
- Combine cream and matcha mixture in a pot over medium-low heat; cook, keen stirring every now and then, until heated fully, it should take about 5 minutes.
- Whisk sugar and eggs in a bowl. Pour 1/2 cup hot matcha mixture into the egg mixture and mix really well. Repeat with remaining matcha mixture and pour mixture back into the pot.
- Keep stirring the matcha mixture over medium-low heat until heated through for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Pour cooled matcha mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze!
Each half a teaspoon of Matcha powder you put into the recipe will give you 1 billion cultures :)
Try it out!